Fire Conclave Convergence Villa
The 6 part shade structure.
The shade would be built in 6 parts by different groups. Parts list include:
The structure could be filled in with scrap fabrics from local tailor shops or whatever. If not, it's possible to get fabric at less than $1 a yard, so the extra $45 would go towards that. Otherwise, it could be used to buy rope lights, or other decorations.
- 1 x 3" welded metal ring $1
- 100' Nylon double braided rope (1000lb) $25
- 500' Nylon twine (100lb test) $20
- 2 x 10' EMT (for outside supports) $4
- 4 x 3' rebar posts 3/8" $4
- Total about $55 for the structure of the shade.
$100 was just a nice round number. Theoretically, it could be done with $60 a piece. But then there's the 7th piece: the central support. I know it must be at least 20' high, but I couldn't tell you how to build it correctly. We have people in the group who probably could do it, but they'd need their materials covered.
Last updated on 12-Jan-04